Bandsaws make an essential addition to the garage. If you are into woodworking or carpentry, Bandsaws are very useful for crafting. You can carve wooden objects and operate sharp points of various substances and materials that are very hard for wood cutting and crafting. It is more like a tenon saw, just with having a flat and sharp edge. For beginners, or for anyone willing to buy a new Bandsaw, there are several things that you need to keep in mind to get the best metal cutting band saw.
You will need to know about the essential factors affecting the Bandsaw. You will also find blades with different types of teeth and also cuts the wood using different mechanisms. They come in different shapes and need to be handled in various methods.
It is also necessary to know about the different metal cutting band saw reviews, how to use them and even techniques on how to change the band saw blades. That is precisely why we are here to help you get the best metal cutting band saw today.
Top 7 Best Metal Cutting Band Saw Review:
1. DEWALT 20V MAX (DCS371B)
The new DEWALT 20V MAX Portable Band Saw is known to have the best balance and ergonomically solved for homely use in carpentry or personal projects. It has a modern look with durable built for industrial services or even for beginner uses. The cordless design makes it easily portable and better use for crafting. Also, the LED working light right above the blade and auto-lock safety features make it more perfect for use. This is also one of the best cheap bandsaws on the market.
- Unique cordless design, easily portable for comfortable use
- Large 20V Lithium-ion battery for a more extended time of application (about 30minute minimum)
- It has a 2.7-inch cutting capacity, which means you can now work on your small projects and cut through 2.5 inches wide and round materials easily
- The Band Saw uses 32×7/8-inch blades. These blades are pretty usual; hence you shall get extra blades for comfortable use.
- This excellent model also has an ergonomically solved centralized handle with a soft grip that helps balance and easy-to-use.
- Lightweight and user-friendly compared to others
- Built-in LED Work Light
The Negative Things
- Speed cannot be judged
- The product does not come along with a battery and charger
2. DEWALT Deep Cut, 10 Amp, 5-Inch (DWM120K)
The Dewalt DWM120K Small Band Saw is one of the best portable Band Saw on the market. It has a unique design and some individual facilities. Not all Band Saws come with a carrying case and also extra blades just in case. Hence it is handy for all kinds of industrial and personal crafting and cutting through different materials. It cuts more profoundly than most Band Saws. This Saw has a powerful motor with a speed regulator in five different settings. This new Saw machine has a lighter built and a futuristic look.
- 10-amp powerful motor for smooth cut through sturdy materials
- Five different speed settings as required
- Trigger lock for continuous cutting is absent. So you need to press the switch for the entire time while cutting.
- 5-inch deep cutting capacity.
- Mounted LED working light.
- This Saw Kit comes with a case and also extra blades
- Speed can be controlled up to five levels
- It is easy to change and clean the blades
The Negative Things
- Does not support DC supply
- Does not have the continuous cutting trigger
3. Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Cordless Band Saw
The magnificent Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 Cordless metal cutting Small Band Saw has rocked the market with its unique features and facilities. The cordless facility makes it easily portable and comfortable to use. It comes with a full kit that includes everything that you need to get started. This Milwaukee Saws weigh is very less and is designed ergonomically for use in compact spaces. It is very efficient, and the battery can be recharged very fast. It also comes with a carrying case and even 18 Band Saw blades.
- Compact design solved ergonomically, made easy-to-use
- Cordless portable band saw
- Milwaukee 2429-21XC M12 is very efficient. Although it has a low 12V lithium-ion battery, it has a ¾-inch cutting capacity through different materials for a longer time
- Easily replaceable blades
- Lightweight manufacturing
- Runs quietly
- Extraordinarily light and easily portable
- The compact frame design makes it easy to use around small corners and close-packed areas
- Auto clean facilities for blades and wheels
The Negative Things
- Robust to use in larger projects
4. Bosch GCB10-5 Deep-Cut Band Saw
The Bosch GCB10-5 Deep-Cut Band Saw is a good band saw. It comes in a unique shade of blue and an ergonomically solved magnificent design. It has a robust motor that helps cutting clean through numerous sturdy materials. Also, it has a 4-3/4-inch blade that cuts more in-depth through more than most Band Saws in the market. It has a light-built and wonderfully compact design. The whole model is ergonomically solved and very comfortable to use. It is also specially made for cutting through sturdy overhead materials. Even the variable speed settings help the versatility for cutting through various elements of different thicknesses and toughness. Last but not least, it has a lot of safety features that help to achieve a safer work site. See more Bosch models.
- It does not require a battery as it has a well-protected, spark-free cable.
- 10-Amp powerful motor
- Variable speed settings
- Compact light design for comfortable use and cutting through overhead materials
- 4-3/4-inch blade for deep-cut facilities
- Spark-free operable safety feature
- High powered 10-Amps motor, with six different speed settings
- Longer blade for better cutting and crafting
- High voltage battery
The Negative Things
- No cordless facility
5. WEN 94396 10-Amp 5-Inch metal Small Band Saw
WEN 94396 metal cutting Small Band Saw is a top-rated best band saw under 200. It has everything that you need, for all kinds of work on all types of sturdy materials. This Band Saw machine is the most powerful machine you will ever find. Now crafting and carpentry have become easier than ever in all shapes and sizes. It has a variable speed dial that you can control depending on the material used for cutting. Also, the lightweight built along with the adjustable handle makes it easier to work for an extended period.
- 10-Amp motor
- Variable speed dial from 60 to 420 feet per minute
- Better cutting capacity, 5 inches wide and deep, through all kinds of metals or plastics.
- 10/14 TPI metal-cutting blade, adjustable handle, guides for ball-bearing and modules, external blade lever.
- Glorious compact design and lightweight built
- Spare replaceable parts
- Both corded and also battery-powered facilities
- 10-Amp motor with variable speed
- Enormous cutting capacity, 5-inch-deep and wide
- Blades can be replaced faster easily
The Negative Things
- Mostly plastic
- No lock for continuous cutting
6. SWAG V3.0 Portaband Table Band Saw
SWAG V3.0 Portaband Table is not any usual Band saw. It is the best Band saw built in the USA. It is a wired, CNC cutting table. The new SWAG Portaband is made out of a 3/16” steel plate on a CNC press brake. However, despite its bulky look, it only weighs 18 pounds. All of this fine built ensures the most excellent quality and durability. The table kit comes with all the necessary kits; hardware you need to attach to your workshop. It’s one of the best vertical band saw for metal cutting.
The SWAG V3.0 comes along with a lot of parts;
- Milwaukee Deep cut model
- Dewalt Deep cut model
- Harbor Freight Bauer Deep cut items
- Makita Deep cut model
- Bosch Deep cut model
- Home Depot WEN Brand
- Grizzly Tools Deep cut model
- Convertible from Small Band Saw to Vertical Band Saw
- CNC Lazer cutter built of 3/16” thick steel plate
- 1/8” bolts of steel on the legs
- Dual miter gauge slides
- Easy to use on large projects
- Vertical metal cutting facility
- Convertible from Band Saw to Portaband Table
The Negative Things
- Cannot be used to work on small tiny stuff
7. Milwaukee 2429-20 Cordless Band Saw
Milwaukee 2429-20 Cordless Sub Compact Band Saw is one of the best band saw under 200. Its cordless technology enriches the lightweight features. This Band Saw cuts smoothly through the most robust materials. It also has LED lights that also highlight the cutting line to cut through easily. The performance of this saw is easy to use for industrial services or personal projects too. The blades are excellent for a smooth cut through metal and several times cleaner than most of the Band Saws. It has a 1-5/8-inch capacity that helps you get all kinds of different shapes and sizes. The Milwaukee model requires an M12 12V cordless, modern lithium-ion tool. Also, there are 18 TPI portable saw blades.
- Cordless technology
- Lightweight and compact sized design
- Powerful motor that cuts 150 times per charge using an XC battery
- 1-5/8-inch range capacity for cutting
- LED light, no battery or charger
- Easy to assemble, use and carry
- Magnificent cutting capacity
- Lightweight with cordless technology
The Negative Things
- No case, charger, or battery is provided with the product
Things you need to know:
If you are working a lot with curvatures, you must be enlightened with complete knowledge about Band Saws. It is more of a machine tool and very complex to use and maintain. Building the perfect one for your project will get tricky without proper guidance. You need to be aware of the capabilities of your Band Saw and also know about its parts and features.
The blades differ in width depending on your project and provide different ranges. The maximum depth can be up to 14-inch and 16-inch variations. Well, there are also different diameters and other factors involved. A detailed discussion about the blades is written in the Buying Guide. So get your best-suited blades for required circumstances.
Buyer Guide: Different Important Parts of a Band Saw:
As you know already, you need to have a collection of a variety of modules and be able to change them quickly from time to time according to your project. Check different product reviews carefully for the best knives in the market. There are several blades such as 1/8 inch, 14 TPI blades. ¼ inch, 6 TPI (Hook Tooth Blade), 3/8 inch, 4 TPI (Skip Tooth Blade)
Similar to Table Saws, the Band Saws have a fence for protection. It also helps to move smoothly on the wood surface and cut through accurately and precisely.
There are different motors installed in various models of Band Saws. For example, 1-1-1/2 horsepower motors are perfect for 14-inch Band Saws. Again, 16-inch Band Saws must use at least three horsepower motors.
The table is one of the most important things to ensure. You must be careful that the table is flat. This is very critical and simultaneously critical.
So after this long detailed discussion about some of the best small Band saws, it is now time for you to decide which would suit your job the most. We have already helped you narrow down the long list in the market. Now you can quickly go for the best choice.
The Bandsaws mentioned above are right now the top picks in the market due to their magnificent performance, their flexibility, excellent control, and precision in their job. For all kinds of heavy-duty projects and crafting, these are undoubtedly the best for you.
However, if you are a beginner in this kind of work, we would suggest talking to someone experienced in choosing the first tool for the job. Once you try several different Bandsaws, you will know your perfect match and finally settle with what you need. From the above-detailed discussion, you can easily compare the features of all kinds of small Bandsaws. We think we have covered at least the essential factors that you need to focus on for getting the best small band Saw within your range. You can buy it depending on our reviews.