A miter saw is a handy and practical tool for every day for your woodworking journey. Would you like to be able to cut pieces of wood to size? Then it would help if you had a miter saw. Have you decided to buy such a machine? Then it comes down to choosing the best affordable miter saw for you from the large selection. In this article, we give you the necessary tips & tricks for a well-considered purchase.
The best miter saw itself does not exist. It depends on which jobs you want to do with it and how big the budget is that you want to spend. Based on several objective criteria, you can find the miter saw that suits you best. Here we will focus on who is searching for a budget-friendly miter saw. We present the eight best affordable saws on the market, each according to their low prices. Also, we have prepared a handy buying guide that you can look out for when choosing a miter saw.
OUR PICKS OF Best 8 AFFORDABLE MITER SAW
We have operated a couple of distinct saws, and we have experts from the background in mechanics; therefore, we know exactly what to look for in a power tool. Today we take a look at the best affordable miter saws on the market. The saws compared here are perfect for regular homeowner use and will not cost a fortune.
1. Metabo HPT C10FCGS 10″ Compound Miter Saw
Hitachi another name called Metabo. Hitachi C10FCG is a world-class saw manufactured by its manufacturers in the kind of one bevel saw. It has a 15-amp engine that makes all hard cutting jobs fast and simple. For extra versatility, this miter saw uses a miter angle range of 0-52 degrees left and right. The motor uses also develops 2.57 horsepower, making it one of the fastest saws in the marketplace. Each cut created is exact and incredibly clean, as a result of the design of the product’s 0 to 45-degree bevel range. It is very easy to move from place to place and is also extremely handy, mainly due to its lightweight. There is an additional accessory, known as a dust collector, that is attached to the device to reduce the release of airborne particles that can affect the health of the operator.
- 15-amp motor and the engine speed is 5,000 rpm
- Amazing guiding system for cutting a perfect angle.
- Bevel range of 0 – 45 degrees to the left only
- The vice clamp is extremely powerful.
- It comes with a TCT 24 tooth blade, a dust bag, a vice assembly, and a hex key.
2. Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw has a 10″ blade driven by a 15-amp motor, which gives it lots of torque. This saw does not have any difficulties slicing through thick chunks of wood in 1 pass (3″ was all that We tried it to). The motor runs the blade at 4600 RPM. That’s an above-average operating speed on a saw that this size, plus it feels like a fantastic combination. Make sure that you fix the bevel stops before use it, even when you are buying this unit pre-assembled. It’s possible to acquire digital gauges to help you get it square. We also purchased the Genesis rack, and it’s a rigid piece of equipment. We highly recommend that you set the stand up together with the saw if you opt for this model.
- Carbide blades 60T
- Laser cutting for rapid alignment and arbor lock system.
- Electric stop brakes.
- Nine positive detent miter stops lock.
- Use compound cutting for picture frames, crown molding, shadow boxes, and more.
- Includes 60T Carbide-Tipped Blade, two AAA batteries for Laser, Blade Wrench Dust Bag, Two Extension Wings, Hold Down Clamp, and Rear Support Foot Bar.
3. Hitachi C10FCH2 Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
Hitachi C10FCH2 10-Inch Miter Saw with Laser is the identical structure as the ordinary Hitachi compound miter saw. The laser is a mobile miter saw, and it just weighs 36.2 lbs, a light burden to take whenever and where you require it. Now you can buy this Hitachi miter saw bundle with the best affordable price. In this saw. It comes with many features that help you to make a perfect cut. For making crosscuts, it comes with a 15-amp motor with 5000 rpm speed. It can do the toughest cutting job easily.
- Accuracy range between 0-45 degree.
- Weight almost 26.5 pounds.
- Accuracy range between 0-45 degree.
- Powerful for the toughest cutting jobs.
- Elastomer grip adds comfort and control
- It comes with a vise assembly document, a hex bar wrench, a box wrench, a dust bag, an extended fence, and a 10-inch TCT saw blade.
4. DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw
DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw is one the best miter saw for crown molding manufactured by the renowned brand DEWALT. From home DIYer’s to professionals, this 12-inch miter saw is a brilliant choice. This durable saw has a 15 amp, 4000 RPM engine, implying that it’s, in reality, more dominant than our requirement. Remember, it just slopes one way, so you’ll need to shift the machine around to make the contrary cut. It’s a fantastic venture for those individuals who need the best carpentry devices and will need to achieve proficient guidelines. There’s a mind-boggling 11cm cutting profundity with this groundbreaking thing, helping you to slice through enormous lumbers on stocks or to get huge ventures. The DWS715 includes a snappy release setting for inclines to give you precisely; however, fast outcomes.
- 15-amp engine conveys 4,000 rpm expanded power and toughness.
- Flexible treated steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops improves efficiency and guarantees cutting.
- Exact miter framework and machined-base fence support ensure cutting exactness.
- Tall sliding fence bolsters crown shaping up to 5-1/4″ inches and base embellishment up to 6-1/2″ inches against the fence. Also, we can effectively slide off the beaten path for angle cuts at the same time.
5. Makita LS1040 10″ Compound Miter Saw
Makita LS1040 compound miter saw is very easy to carry and much lightweight. This Model combines performance, power, and ease of use for the common miter cuts. It includes a range of applications, including framing, deck building, cabinetry, woodworking, and so more.
Makita LS1040 has a dual post compound pivot arm. It is dynamically balanced with 4600 rpm with 15amp powerful motor. It also has excellent capability to cut crown moldings, dashboard, timber in any various types of stocks you want to cut for the redesign. Its engine is super incredible that provides super uniform speed and delicate startup. It accompanies enough ability to cut crown moldings, timber, dashboard, and any different types of stocks we have to cut for the redesign.
- Its dimension is 20x 10x 21 inches.
- Weight is 32.5 pounds.
- 15-amp powerful engine with 4600 rpm performance;
- Miter cuts 0-45 degree left and 0-52-degree right
- Electric speed control system.
- Bevel cuts up to 45 degrees.
- It weighs only 27.3 lbs.
6. Evolution Power Tools R255SMSL 10″ Multi-Material Compound Sliding Miter Saw
The R255SMSL sliding miter saw is the best on the market. Multi-material cutting technology with all the characters you’ll indigence to get the job done. Delivering accurateness, reliability, exactitude cutting with the power to manage heavy-duty materials. This miter saw can cut various material with the same blade sets. It is already earned quality cuts in hard and softwood as well as impressive square, plastic, copper, aluminum, clean-cut in mild steel, and more. It includes Japanese tungsten carbide tipped 10-inch blade that provides the sharp cut.
- 50-50 miter and 0-45-degree bevel.
- Hi-torque 15 amps’ power with no-load speed up to 2,500 RPM
- More base extra stability.
- Double bevel action allows work first.
- It comes with a multi-purpose blade.
- Cutting capacity quite large.
- Ergonomic, horizontal, Ambidextrous trigger with a comfortable grip.
- With an adjustable precision setting, it to perform perfect compound cuts, bevel cuts, miter, and crosscuts.
7. SKIL (3821-01) 12-Inch Quick Mount Compound Miter Saw
SKIL 3821-01 12-Inch Quick Mount Compound Miter Saw comes with sturdy motor and extension rail. For easy transport, it integrated carrying handles. If you want to clean your area, it dusts the bag helps you a lot. All of the features are so user-friendly. It has a lack of advanced features like LCD screen design. This miter saw may be hard to transport without a tool cabinet. You also love its speed of the motor. It is the best suited to cut through harder materials faster.
- For a quick setup, it comes with a quick-mount system.
- Powerful 15-amp motor with 4500 RPM.
- For accurate and fast cuts, it comes with a laser cutline guide.
- For setting a standard miter angle, it has nine positive steps.
8. Homecraft H26-260L 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
Homecraft H26-260L 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw is a wallet-friendly and portable gap capable miter saw in the market. It is a reliable, innovative and precise compound miter saw. With 25 pounds, it is one of the lightest, and best budget miter saw in the market right now. You can quickly assemble this machine within 10 minutes. Its battery-operated laser makes child’s play out of aligning the blade with measurements. The clamp is capable of doing with a capability of 4 x 4 or 2 x 6 at 90 degrees. It’s worth noting, however, that some clients have stated that when you’re working with weightier loads of over 5.5 inches, the clamp begins to effort
- 10-inch blade with 14-amp motor runs at 5500rpm.
- Lightweight, only 25 pounds.
- A 5/8” arbor and a 10-inch blade.
- Premounted 24 teeth carbide blade.
- For safely blade change, it comes with a spindle lock.
- Detents at 45 degrees, 30 degrees, 22.5 degrees, 15 degrees and 0 degrees.
MITER SAW LOCK SYSTEM
For new user locking and unlocking system can be difficult for a beginner user. To it is very crucial to know the lock system of a miter saw very well. Usually, miter saw has to lock system:
Front Lock: This lock helps to control the angles of the cuts.
Back Lock: This lock helps to control the blade up and down.
Instead, there are also a few locking systems available in a miter saw. They are:
Blade Lock: You can find this as a pin situated rear side of a miter saw. To lock this, you press the head down and pull the pin into it; then, it is locked.
Swivel Lock: This lock helps to rotate the connected thing vertically or horizontally. A tiny lever is used to lock in several miter angles.
Rail Lock: This lock is situated on the base of the blade arm. It helps to lock the arm for specific cuts.
Angle Lock: It is controlled by the two locks on the front side of the saw.
Bevel Lock: All miter saws do not have a bevel lock system. A spring-type pic or lever will assist you to lock the lever. You need to press and hold it, and if you find any required angle just lock it with the pin.
HOW DO YOU UNLOCK A MITER SAW – 400 WORD
If you are a woodworker, you are most probably facing to unlock your miter saw. And if you are a new user, then this thing is a little bit difficult for you. Do not worry; we are here to give you the perfect solution for your best inexpensive miter saw. So the first question is how do you understand that the miter saw is unlocked or locked? It is not so difficult to understand. Let’s start learning; It the knob is right, then it is locked; otherwise, it is unlocked. Now we are going to learn how do you unlock a miter saw?
If you want to start your cutting, you need to unlock it first. As miter saw has several tools and each one, you need to unlock for the specific tasks. There are several lock systems available like swivel lock, rail lock, angle lock, bevel lock, and blade lock. We will explain every unlocking system step by step.
Step by Step Process:
- Through pushing and pulling the knob, locking, and unlocking done. This process sometimes varies from one to another.
- Angle lock Is controlled by the two locks on the front side of the saw. You hold the machine and release the lever.
- Swivel locks unlock process is quite easy. You need to depress and rotate the lever and set it at a custom angle. Now start your miter cut.
- It would be best if you are intensely careful while rail locking with naked teeth of the blade; it immersed under the table. If the arm is folded position, you should not unlock the blade.
- For blade unlock, keep pressing the head down and pull on the pin until released.
There are so many miter saw available in the market. Many brands have a different locking system. But the basic is almost the same. So from the above, we can ensure that unlocking your miter saw is not such a tough task. We hope our suggestion helps you to unlock your miter saw. Please use your miter saw with safety.
Many think that it is a matter of luck to have one miter saw because it is so expensive. But now there are also so many best budget miter saw available in the market. It is just one of the building tools that make the majority of the job light and simple. Since miter saws are commonly used not only by specialist workers but also by men and women that want to perform do-it-yourself construction works, miter saws became one of the most innovative tools throughout the years.
Generally, having a miter saw is a wise choice particularly if you’re a bit of a handyman yourself but do not just barge in shops and select whatever miter model which will catch your eyes. Keep in mind that each miter component is put for a particular purpose. It’s essential you’ll be guided by information from trusted people, which can allow you to choose the ideal miter saw that would satisfy your needs. We try to provide you the best affordable miter saw here. Buy your favorite one, and give your opinion. Happy buying.