what is the best miter saw for crown molding? This is the randomly asked question nowadays. Crown moldings have been originated from old Greece and earned huge popularity since. Everyone adores it for its royal design and fancy components. Undoubtedly, it can be a classy expansion to any home, but you should cut the trim lengths precisely to fit into the corners. Regardless of whether you sized it at a 45-degree point or 22.5 degrees, the procedure is the same. Only a miter saw makes the procedure significantly simpler. That is the reason we took the best miter saw for crown molding so that you can carry out the responsibility like an expert.
While, it is certainly a challenge to find the best tools that are worth your hard-earned money, but it isn’t impossible yet. Especially, when you have a reliable source like our site to point you in the right direction of the trustable brands. In preparing this top pick list, we reviewed dozens of products based on rankings, numbers, and other factors including features of the products, the price, and the brand value of the manufacturer. Even we read countless comments and reviews from actual users. So if you pick your decision from this list, you can be sure you buy one of the best tools available today. So let’s get started.
Our Top 7 Picks of Best Miter Saw for Crown Molding:
The DWS780 is a standout amongst other 12-inch miter saws available in the stores. Moreover, it is furnished with a savvy XPS lighting framework for a more precise cut. It comes with a 15-amp amazing engine that conveys up to 3800 rpm, so you don’t need to stress over its capacity. In addition to its compact 12-inch compound sliding miter saw, DWS780 provides 13 & ¾ inch horizontal capacity 2/14 dimensional lumber, and up to 16-inch horizontal capacity when using the back fence feature. On the other hand, it provides 6 & ¾ inches cutting base molding vertical capacity with 7 & ½ inch nested crown capacity. In short, this miter saw has the largest total capacity of any miter saw available on the market. Here are some other key features of the DEWALT 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw.
- Smooth Functionality. It enables you to slant from zero to 49 degrees with 10 positive stops. These stoppages are at 0 degrees, 22.5 degrees, 33.9 degrees, 45 degrees, and 49 degrees in both right and left angles.
- A super-efficient dust assortment system gathers near about 75 percent of the dust generated by the work & keeps the workplace neat and clean.
- Creative gearbox and belt drive configuration expands the vertical cutting limit
- New Precise miter system with detent stainless steel plate, fence & bevel system.
With the acclaimed axial glide framework, the Bosch GCM12SD has got the regard of numerous expert carpenters. It’s a solid, durable, and long lusted miter saw that can be utilized in any work-site. Moreover, it accompanies by a 15-amp robust engine and offers a keen and decent design. It is additionally furnished with two square lock speedy-release fences for shaping crown pieces with a 6-1/2-inch vertical limit, and a 6-1/2-inch crown limit.
Another outstanding improvement of this model is the residue assortment framework. It’s far superior to any other model in this framework since it has 90% productivity. It likewise gives the best performance with detents and 7 positive stops at the most renowned edges so you can utilize it rapidly and productively. It has a double incline point of 47 degrees to both the left & right sides.
- Due to the high precision axial glide framework, this saw can fit in any narrow & tiny workplace undoubtedly.
- Ambidextrous & ergonomic trigger makes the cutting process so flexible.
- Pre-aligned quick-locking fences ensure accurate cutting with durable precision.
- Top front slant Controls all-metal incline lock switch and range selector for fast and simple slant settings without coming to behind the saw or any hassle.
In the event, that you need a reasonable and also the best miter saw for crown molding, Hitachi C12RSH2 is the correct one. Recently it is renamed Metabo HPT C12RSH25. Don’t worry, the same product; just the name replaced. Moreover, it highlights numerous specs that can support any craftsman have the fine and precise outcomes that they need. It’s standard for cutting enormous-sized crown shaping with precision.
It offers a zero-back clearance, which implies you can put it directly at the wall, which is an extraordinary component for the narrow workplace. Another exclusive feature is a flexible laser light. You can place it anywhere such as the right side over the fence or left for more precision. Also, the machine has flexible profundity stops known as positive stops for speedy settings and this is a component that is going to support us a great deal when managing crown shaping.
- The residue collector and residue pack (comes along with the machine), are very fancy stuff. It is better for everyone to attach the dust collector to the saw. It will keep the workplace almost clean.
- The new Hitachi C12RSH2 sliding double bevel compound miter saw is outfitted with a conservative slide framework that requires zero back leeway.
- Fixed rail framework enables the saw head to float along the fixed rails easily
- Effectively flexible apparatus less laser marker permits, even the most fledgling clients, making consummately precise cuts.
Though, this one is only a 10 inches saw, it accompanies enough ability to cut crown moldings, timber, dashboard, and any different types of stocks we have to cut for the redesign. The miter has a wide point limit on both sides (left & right). From the left, it is 0° – 47° and for the right, the limit is 0° – 60°.
There is more- the engine is incredible. It conveys a delicate startup and keeps up a uniform speed all through the cut. This instrument is budget worthy- it accompanies a wide scope of embellishments that we generally need to buy solely.
- The meter has positive stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6 & 45-degree angles
- A rubberized grip wraps the handle. It reduces the day-long hand stress and continues the operation smoothly.
- Amazing 13.0 AMP direct-drive engine requires less support and conveys 4,300 RPM
- Slices up to 12 crawl at 90 degrees and 8 to 1/2 inches at 45 degrees.
- It comes with several accessories such as a 10-inch blade, dust bag, wrench, triangular rule, extension wings & vise.
- Compact & lightweight; tit only weighs 43.7 pounds.
Dw715 is one of the best crown molding miter saw manufactured by the renowned brand DEWALT. From home DIYer’s to professionals, DW715 is a very smart choice. This strong saw has a 15 amp, 4000 RPM engine, implying that it’s, in reality, more dominant than our requirement. Remember, it just slopes one way, so you’ll need to shift the machine around to make the contrary cut.
The fences are taller than other models to help 5-1/4-Inch crown moldings and 6-1/2-Inch base moldings. Guarantee accuracy with 11 stops of the detent plate and 5 places of the slope. 0°, 33.9°, 45°, and 48°are the five settings of the left level, which meets all your cutting requirements for family unit utilization. To secure the settings and convey exactness inevitably, ‘Cam-Lock’ is added to the base of this saw.
- 15 amp engine conveys 4,000 rpm expanded power and toughness.
- Flexible treated steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops improves efficiency and guarantees cutting.
- The exact miter framework and machined-base fence support ensure cutting exactness.
- Tall sliding fence bolsters crown shaping up to 5-1/4″ inches and base embellishment up to 6-1/2″ inches against the fence. Also, we can effectively slide off the beaten path for angle cuts at the same time.
After deeply looking at the best miter saws for crown molding available, we can unquestionably prescribe DWS709 Slide Compound Miter Saw by DEWALT as one of the top picks for crown shaping. The item also has a 15 amp engine control that is equipped for conveying up to 3,800 rpm. Its key highlights incorporate a tall sliding wall, the adaptable slope point adjustment, a compact and ergonomic structure, and, above all, a customizable miter detent plat with 13 potential stops. It means exact cutting and a cleaner finish to your crown shaping. This is actually what you’re searching for, isn’t it? Moreover, the tall sliding fence will bolster the crown forming up to 5 1/2-inches settled and base embellishment up to 4 1/2 – inches vertically, and effectively slide off the beaten path for slant cuts. The miter framework and base fence support give ideal, sturdy exactness in cutting with a carbide blade.
- An incredible 15-amp, 3,800-rpm engine conveys broadened power and solidness.
- Selective back fence configuration slices up to 2×14 dimensional timbers at a 90-degree angle and 2×10 at a 45-degree angle.
- A customizable miter detent plate enables clients to modify the saw to look after exactness rapidly.
- Thirteen (13) positive miter detents enable carpenters to rapidly change the saw to the most widely recognized miter edges, improving efficiency and guaranteeing cutting precision.
- Rock-solid aluminum base with tall ribbing gives unbending nature and quality.
Our last pick-up in the category of the best compound miter saw for crown molding is the Festool Kapex KS 120 Sliding Compound Miter Saw. Festool fused the most progressive highlights in their 561287 model. We named it as ‘stickler’s saw’ due to its various components & features. It accompanies a 10-inch cutting edge however has a limit of up to 12 inches edge.
The double laser works great employment by pointing the territory, which will be cut instead of simply enlightening the workpiece. You can also set the speed of the cutting edge with multiple speed settings modes to cut various stocks.
There is more- 91% of the delivered residue evacuated right away by the residue holder of this saw. It is versatile, minimal, and extraordinary to work in tight spaces. It is a very good quality item, along these lines; I guess the significant expense ought not to be a cerebral pain.
Buyer Guide – What size miter saw for crown molding?
For the best crown molding miter saw, the standard size of the miter saw varies based on the width of the embellishment that will be cut. The saw size must be twofold that of the size of the crown forming. For example, a crown molding that is 5 inches in width; the saw sharp edge should be 10 inches wide. In the case of 6 inches, utilize a miter saw that is 12 crawls in wide. In any case, if the trim width is more than 10 inches, we suggest utilizing a compound miter saw that has a 12-inch sliding sharp edge.
Miter saws normally arrive in a 10″ or 12″ variety. The bigger the size, the more the saws weigh, yet they’ll have the option to cut the huge number of stuff with a solitary dive of the saw. They’re additionally a little bit expensive too.
In the early stage, we evaluated some 12″ saws, since they’re appropriate for a wide assortment of errands; however, almost the entirety of the saws we tried had a 10″ variety too. You might need to go that course in case you’re just working with known timber, such as 2x4s, or in case you’re principally cutting harder materials.
The trick is very simple: littler cutting edges turn quicker. Higher RPMs ensure a smoother cut. So a 10-inch cutting edge that twists at 5000 rpm will make a precise and accurate cut than a 12-inch edge that twists at 4000 rpm.
How to cut crown molding with a compound miter saw?
Crown molding is a widely inclusive term for a huge group of moldings that are utilized to give the finishing touch inside a room where the dividers and roof meet. Embellishment isn’t set level against either the divider or the roof. Rather, it reaches out crosswise over both at an edge, making an empty triangle in the behind.
At the point when the time has come to compromise, you need to cut it at more than 45-degree edges. Actually, due to the “empty triangle” perspective, you can’t cut it at 45-degrees. But here is the solution- You’ll need to utilize two distinct sorts of slices to make the joint at the edges of the rooms; a miter cut and an inclined cut.
A miter cut is any cut that isn’t 90-degrees along the width of the wood. They are estimated concerning the square-cut toward the finish of the wood. On the other hand, an inclined cut is any sliced through the thickness of the wood at any edge other than 90-degrees.
To figure out what angels you require for the miter and incline cuts you can either settle through the accompanying equation;
Miter cut = arctan X (sin(spring edge)/(tan(wall edge)/2)
Incline cut = arcsin(cos(spring edge) X cos(wall edge/2))
Or on the other hand, believe us on the edges you have to set on your compound miter saw. It’s up to you, yet we’ve just done the difficult work of making sense of it. So, here’s the bit by bit methodology to cut crown molding with a compound miter saw-
Put the crown molding level on the table of the saw with the highest point of the embellishment away from you.
- Set the inclining cut (left and right) point of the saw sharp edge at 33.85 degrees.
- Set the miter cut (left and right) point of the saw sharp edge at exactly 31.62 degrees, precisely something contrary to how it was.
- Now begin your cutting process and spare the left finish of the cut as the piece you’ll use on the left half of an inside corner.
Now, turn the following bit of crown molding around, so its base is away from you, yet at the same time laying level on the saw table.
Spot the crown forming level on the table of the saw with the base of the embellishment away from you.
- Set the incline cut at 33.85 degrees.
- Set the miter cut to one side at 31.62 degrees.
- Now start your cutting process and spare the correct finish of the cut as the piece you’ll use on the left of the outside corner.
Now, keep the crowns forming level on the table of the saw with the highest point of the trim away from you. Sometimes it gets confusing, so keep this in your mind:- when you’re working the inner corner, you have to continually save the left finish of the cuts as the pieces you’ll utilize in the future. And when you’re doing the outside corner, you have to spare the right finish of the cuts.
So, these are our top picks. If you’ve been searching for the best miter saw for crown molding, take a look around our list, Investigate and see which the best is for you. Hurrying any buying choice frequently prompts a poor experience. The outcome is more terrible since it prevents you from getting your ideal calculated cuts. In this manner, cautiously checking the highlights and capacities of the saw is crucial if you want to get the best crown molding miter saw for crown forming. This article enlisted the absolute best items available, however, you can depend on my purchasing guide as I’ve attempted to condense all essential data about the best sliding miter saw for both casual users and experts. You can likewise consider the rundown I’ve furnished and coordinated the items with your need.