We are using this article to provide a Performax table saw review. A woodwork professional needs to know the best models of his work tools. Many table saws are available in the marketplace. The Performax table saw is one such.
Woodcutting requires precision and accuracy. When you make the wrong cut, it can destroy the workpiece and even the whole woodworking project. This is why you need the best saw for your business. Table saws make it easier to make perfect cuts. But they have different features and prices. So, based on this, it may be challenging to choose the most suitable table saw for your specific needs.
The Performax table saw is one of the most versatile cutting machines on the market today. It is equally popular among woodwork specialists. We will explain the reason for this popularity later.
Review of Performax table saw | some features
If you are searching for a table saw, we will recommend this Performax Table Saw and DEWALT 10-Inch Table Saw for you because both are designed with beginners in mind. These are some of the features of this wood-cutting Performax Saw machine:
This Performax Saw is a robust and durable table saw. It can also withstand the weight of large wood stocks. So, this table saw is recommendable for industrial uses. Performax table saw ratings also not bad.
2. The cutting capacity
This is a top-quality machine. And with a 10-inch blade, it will cut through thick workpieces with ease. If you work with large wood stocks a lot and you need an industrial-grade table saw, having this particular saw will not be a bad idea.
3. The price
This product may be a little expensive, but it is relatively cheaper compared to other similar units. But, that notwithstanding, if you want a quality product, you should be able to pay for it. You are going to enjoy your money’s worth in the long run.
Versatility is another feature of this table saw. The saw can make six different types of cuts. These are cross cuts, rip cuts, miter cuts, bevel cross cuts, bevel rip cuts, and bevel miter cuts. From this development, you can understand how useful this table saw is.
- This table saw is ideal for cutting thick wood stocks that are up to 3 and ½ inches thick.
- The table saw supports the 10inch blade.
- It has a plastic cabinet that includes a dust extraction port.
- The saw is equipped with a riving knife.
- A blade guard protects this table saw.
- The saw has wheels for easy transportation.
- Its leg stand is foldable, which is convenient for easy storage.
- The extension table has a ripping capacity of 30 inches.
- The saw is simple to use, and it’s maneuverable with one hand.
- This machine is suitable for various cutting applications.
- This product has no negative reports, and therefore, has no cons. The only challenge is getting one to buy because there are only a few models of this brand in the marketplace.
What’s the Best Table Saw for You?
The best table saw for you depends on what you plan to do with it. If you’re looking for a basic tool for making quick cuts, then any of these models will work just fine. However, if you need something with more power or an easier setup, look for one of the higher-priced saws.
If you’re not sure which model is right for you, start by reading our overview of the best table saws. This article compares the features of the top-rated models and includes information about each type of blade that’s available. We also include links to reviews of the most popular brands in each category.
Best Power Tool For Woodworking
Power tools are essential for woodworkers. They allow us to get much more done than we could ever accomplish using only hand tools. The best power tool for your needs may be different from the best power tool for another person’s needs. That’s why we have included this section of our site dedicated to helping you determine which power tool is right for you. You can find out more about the various types of blades and how they differ by clicking on the link below:
Top 5 Best Table Saw Reviews:
1. DEWALT (DWE7485) Table Saw for Jobsite, Compact, 8-1/4-Inch.
2. SAWSTOP (PCS175-TGP236) 10-Inch Professional Cabinet Saw.
3. DEWALT (DWE7491RS) 10-Inch Table Saw, 32-1/2-Inch Rip Capacity.
4. SKIL 15 Amp 10 Inch Table Saw with Stand- TS6307-00.
5. Upgrade Version Table Saw Mini Precision Table Saws DIY Wood Working.
How to maintain a Performax table saw?
Do not immediately start to use this machine after buying it. Like every other machine, ensure that you read the manual first before you operate it. You will find a lot of warnings and safety precautions in the manual when you read it.
One important warning is to always use a recommended blade for your table saw. Failure to adhere to this warning may result in personal injury. Another warning is always to make sure that you assemble the blade guard before cutting to avoid serious personal injury. We advise that you read the manual to see other warnings, and to heed those warnings to prevent suffering from injuries.
Always disconnect the machine from electrical outlets
When the machine is not in use, ensure that you disconnect it from all power sources. Also, to carry out any service, repair, or maintenance on your machine, always disconnect the table saw from all electrical outlets.
To keep your Performax table saw running smoothly, you must follow these steps
- Check the blades regularly. Change blades when they become damaged. This helps prevent any accidents from happening while using the saw.
- Clean the dust ports regularly. Make sure that the dust ports are clean so that dirt does not accumulate inside the saw. This could cause damage to the motor.
- Keep the saw oiled. Oil the blade bearings and other moving parts of the saw. If you do not oil it, then the blade will wear out faster.
- Use a good quality lubricant for the saw. A high-quality lubricant can help extend the life of the saw.
- Remove the shavings regularly. When you use the saw, make sure that you remove all the wood scraps before putting the saw away.
- Do not overload the saw with too much material. The saw is designed to handle only one piece at a time. Overloading it may result in excessive vibration and noise.
- Always use the correct size blade. The blade should be sized according to the thickness of the material being cut. For example, if you are cutting plywood, then you need to use a 3/8″ blade.
- Never try to adjust the height of the blade manually. It is better to let the machine do this job for you.
How to replace the Performax table saw blade?
To replace the blade on your Performax saw, please follow these steps below:
1. Unplug your saw
We are reiterating that you should always unplug your machine from all electrical outlets before carrying out any work on it. Not doing this can result in a serious injury, especially when you have to handle sharp blades.
2. Unscrew the knob on the side of the saw
There is a red knob on the side of the saw. This knob connects the saw blade with the blade’s storage area. Unscrew the knob. You may need a wrench for this purpose. Blade replacement may require using two open-ended wrenches. These wrenches may come with the table saw as accessories.
3. Remove the blade guard
After unscrewing the knob or bolt that attaches the blade to its storage area, remove the blade guard and the pawl.
4. Turn height adjustment handwheel
Turn the height adjustment handwheel counterclockwise. This will enable you to lower the position of the blade. When the saw blade is in its lowest position, remove the table insert.
5. Use the open-ended wrenches
To change your blade, you need two wrenches as the tools to use. Stick one wrench in the inner blade flange to firmly hold the blade via the notch in the flange. Use the other wrench to unscrew the arbor nut. Remove the washer.
6. Remove the blade
After removing both the arbor nut and the washer, it should now be easy to remove the blade. Be careful when removing the nut and washer so that they don’t fall into the blade storage area. If any of them falls into it, you may need to use a new one.
7. Install the new blade
Install your new blade now. Be careful when handling the blade because it is sharp. Also, make the teeth of the blade point towards you when installing the blade. Fixing the blade that way makes it work as it should since it follows the rotational pattern of the saw.
With everything that we discussed in this Performax table saw review, we hope that you learned a lot about the wood cutting machine in question. This saw offers all the features you may need from a standard table saw. If you are starting a woodwork business and need a good table saw, we recommend the Performax table saw.