Miter saw is ideal for making clean junctions on wood stock. There are two basic types of miter saws: a miter saw and a compound miter saw, which can be crossed out while the saw is turned on to cut off the miter at the same time. There are differences in both, such as a sliding miter saw, where the saw motor and the blade can be pulled forward a short distance, such as a radial saw. Whether your saw is a compound miter saw, a sliding rolling saw or a fixed drive unit, the rules and things you can do with the saw are similar. You’ll get sliding compound miter saw uses idea below:
How to Use a Sliding Compound miter saw?
The compound miter saw is called one of the most efficient and perfect tools (miter saw) in wood cutting. You can easily cut in different angles like an acute angle and square angle. Now you will be going to learn about the user guide of a compound miter saw.
- First of all, you will need some essential materials and equipment for smoothly using your compound miter saw. Things you have to ensure before using it is safety glove, goggles, working table, woodblock, and choose the most appropriate compound miter saw.
- Some primary function you have to know before start using it:
- Fence for keeping your wood board in a place.
- Safety clamp for safely and the precision to put the wood in place.
- Bevel adjustment for more precise angle cut.
- On/off trigger for turn on the saw.
- Dust bag will help you to minimize flying dust and wood chips in your work area.
- The slide bar is for cutting more linearly.
- The second most important thing you need to know proper alignment. Mark your measurement with a pencil before start cutting then place your blade in line with the mark. Now turn on your miter saw through on/off the trigger.
- If your machine has laser light, it will help you cut accurately. You need to follow the light while cutting.
- Now you need to proper adjustment of every angle if you want to make a fine-tuned angle cuts.
- If you use a larger diameter, your blade can cut longer. So it would help if you considered your miter saw blade size. Standard sizes are 8, 10, 12.
- Now you wait for the blade to stop turning if you want to make a clear cut out of the wood. It is crucial for the complete cutting process. It will also decrease the risk of unwanted accidents and also help you with a smooth cut.
- Try to follow the manufacturer’s operating maintenance guide and safety instructions.
A sliding compound mite saw is just a fantastic machine that will assist you with your woodwork cutting journey. You’ll get so many brands available in the market. So choose your preferred machine according to your cutting demand. You may take advice from the expert who already uses this type of saw machine and remember to follow our guidelines mention above. Happy cutting!